Continuing after level 1 and 2 we will again be using all three of Tarthang Tulku Rinpoche’s Kum Nye books and with simple, practical exercises emphasize:
Changing the sense fields
Space without edges and borders, beyond meaning.
In this way we will touch inner knowingness of the body of knowledge.
Many of us wish to learn to meditate or to deepen our practice of meditation. Kum Nye Meditation is not difficult to start or to cultivate a pleasant ongoing practice. This is because we learn to establish a comfortable body, calm breath, open mind, while refreshing the senses. A distracted mind shifts to a mind at ease, a sensing mind, without going outward. Stillness becomes the gateway to an entirely new experience, beyond all mental activities. Our tendency ‘to do’ even in meditation, yields to a ‘relaxation of being’.
Kum Nye Meditation is quite different from other forms of meditation, in that it does not teach the practitioner to focus solely on the coming and going of the breath, achieve a blank mind or get special experiences.
Kum Nye Meditation is unique because:
- Body awareness is the foundation
- Language of the body sets the stage, tone and depth of the practice
- Breath becomes organically rhythmic and light
- Senses will become refreshed and begin to function in a non-dual fashion, so the practitioner sees and hears more clearly, feels more deeply, and get glimpses of reality never known before
- Mind will become still and alert, and direct experience becomes the practitioner’s inner counselor
Kum Nye practice, as introduced by Tarthang Tulku Rinpoche, is how we relax mind to ease the habitual demanding patterns of thinking and reacting, but in Kum Nye Meditation we will go further. Meditation means integration and over the course of this webinar three kinds of integration will be introduced:
- Body & mind, thereby establishing a cushion of calmness and inner joy
- Inner & outer space which become one space, thereby establishing a bright and clear openness
- Energies of life & our inner potential, thereby establishing the direct experience, not channeled through thoughts, as our reliable counselor
We will learn the basic ways to enter Kum Nye Meditation and discover for ourselves the benefits and insights that this profound practice can offer us.
We will follow Tarthang Tulku Rinpoche’s guidance from the three Kum Nye books and the latest publications, such as Dimensions of Mind. This Kum Nye Meditation is a standalone program; prior Kum Nye experience will help, but is not required. This webinar will be the first of three levels of a comprehensive Kum Nye Meditation program. All three levels will be taught in 2017.
Kum Nye Mediation classes will be led by Arnaud Maitland, director of Dharma Publishing.