Meditation means integration, of body & mind, of inner & outer and of life & potential. Like in Levels 1 -2, using body, feelings and breathing to develop levels of integration, Level 3 focuses especially on perfect stillness as gateway to greater integration. Here in perfect stillness we can touch real relaxation and old ways begin to disappear. Perceptions and sense faculties are being transformed. Now ‘something may show up, something speaks itself forward’ (Tarthang Tulku Rinpoche in chapter 49 of Challenging Journey); the voice of your being is communicating, interacting freely with life.
This course includes over 12 hours of audio and video content, in addition to the following supplemental materials:
- Line by line reading and commentary by Arnaud Maitland of Chapter 49 Perfect Stillness from Tarthang Tulku’s book Challenging Journey, Creative Journey.
Chapter 50 Compassion and an Open Heart from Tarthang Tulku’s book Challenging Journey, Creative Journey.
- An interview given during the retreat in Germany this August about Kum Nye Meditation.
- A link to the fitness exercises we did before session 3, further explained and demonstrated by Dr. Mercola.
Kum Nye Meditation is quite different from other forms of meditation, in that it does not teach the practitioner to focus solely on the coming and going of the breath, achieve a blank mind or get special experiences.
Kum Nye Meditation is unique because:
- Body awareness is the foundation
- Language of the body sets the stage, tone and depth of the practice
- Breath becomes organically rhythmic and light
- Senses will become refreshed and begin to function in a non-dual fashion, so the practitioner sees and hears more clearly, feels more deeply, and get glimpses of reality never known before
- Mind will become still and alert, and direct experience becomes the practitioner’s inner counselor
Kum Nye practice, as introduced by Tarthang Tulku Rinpoche, is how we relax mind to ease the habitual demanding patterns of thinking and reacting, but in Kum Nye Meditation we will go further. Meditation means integration and over the course of this webinar three kinds of integration will be introduced:
- Body & mind, thereby establishing a cushion of calmness and inner joy
- Inner & outer space which become one space, thereby establishing a bright and clear openness
- Energies of life & our inner potential, thereby establishing the direct experience, not channeled through thoughts, as our reliable counselor
We will learn the basic ways to enter Kum Nye Meditation and discover for ourselves the benefits and insights that this profound practice can offer us.
We will follow Tarthang Tulku Rinpoche’s guidance from the three Kum Nye books and the latest publications, such as Dimensions of Mind. This Kum Nye Meditation is a standalone program; prior Kum Nye experience will help, but is not required.