Free Preview Kum Nye Meditation: Level One – Sessions 1 & 2
175 STUDENTS ENROLLED
Many of us wish to learn to meditate or to deepen our practice of meditation. Kum Nye Meditation is not difficult to start or to cultivate a pleasant ongoing practice. This is because we learn to establish a comfortable body, calm breath, open mind, while refreshing the senses. A distracted mind shifts to a mind at ease, a sensing mind, without going outward. Stillness becomes the gateway to an entirely new experience, beyond all mental activities. Our tendency ‘to do’ even in meditation, yields to a ‘relaxation of being’.
Kum Nye Meditation is quite different from other forms of meditation, in that it does not teach the practitioner to focus solely on the coming and going of the breath, achieve a blank mind or get special experiences.
Kum Nye Meditation is unique because:
- Body awareness is the foundation
- Language of the body sets the stage, tone, and depth of the practice
- Breath becomes organically rhythmic and light
- Senses will become refreshed and begin to function in a non-dual fashion, so the practitioner sees and hears more clearly, feels more deeply, and get glimpses of reality never known before
- Mind will become still and alert, and direct experience becomes the practitioner’s inner counselor
The presentations were so clear and woven together. They came together in a whole, clear, exciting and inspirational way for a path that could be followed.
I feel Kum Nye offers me the tools no matter what my present frame of mind.
I discovered that the calmness that comes with body-mind integration, inner-outer space integration, and life-my potential integration is very inspiring and meaningful to my life.
I learned that integrating body and mind takes place through being aware of the sensations and feelings in the body. This time it somehow entered: it hit me and released a feeling of gratefulness.
It was awesome! had never done a Kum Nye Dancing class, and I loved it! I have no words to thank you.
What an expansive experience! When there is awareness of space, movement becomes light, effortless, and continuous.
I very much enjoyed how Kum Nye has the ability to draw you into relaxation and meditation and then gives you a taste of non-duality.
The most astonishing discovery was the ability to locate, follow and stay with my breathing. I was then able to meditate so quickly and naturally. I discovered that I can sense the energy and the feeling of tingling and the warmth after the 1-2-minute exercises.
Kum Nye practice, as introduced by Tarthang Tulku Rinpoche, is how we relax the mind to ease the habitual demanding patterns of thinking and reacting, but in Kum Nye Meditation we will go further. Meditation means integration and over the course of this webinar three kinds of integration will be introduced:
- Body & mind, thereby establishing a cushion of calmness and inner joy
- Inner & outer space which become one space, thereby establishing a bright and clear openness
- Energies of life & our inner potential, thereby establishing the direct experience, not channeled through thoughts, as our reliable counselor
We will learn the basic ways to enter Kum Nye Meditation and discover for ourselves the benefits and insights that this profound practice can offer us.
We will follow Tarthang Tulku Rinpoche’s guidance from the three Kum Nye books and the latest publications, such as Dimensions of Mind. This Kum Nye Meditation is a standalone program; prior Kum Nye experience will help, but is not required.